• Ensure work product produced by the revenue control, credit control, billing, client matter and recoveries teams is of a high professional standard.
• Consistently deliver on service level agreements, including accuracy, quality, cost, timeliness, deadlines, effective client communication and client service orientation and resolve any quality issues.
• Work with the offshore team managers to monitor performance, resource coordination, training facilitation and coaching/mentoring.
• Identify and execute strategies for developing and enhancing the relationship with the client to improve performance and the overall service experience.
• Ensure compliance with applicable information security policies, procedures, regulatory and VAT requirements.
• Responsible for collaboration with Integreon global delivery centres and resources including work flow management, knowledge transfer and change management.
• Develop and enhance the team’s capability by participating in company-offered training and development programs as well as staying abreast of industry developments and best practice.
• Responsible for other duties as assigned.
Client Billing Team specific:
Responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate delivery of billing services and the related maintenance of working capital balances. Working closely with the offshore team manager to ensure high standards of accuracy and alignment to client business requirements.
Credit Control Team specific:
Responsible for ensuring that the team carries out their duties, which include:
• Enforcement of the client's credit policies including standard chase paths, query resolution and treatment of bad/doubtful debt.
• Generation & dispatch of client reminder letters.
• Daily debt reviews using ARCS calendar to chase outstanding debt, ensuring all information is fully recorded onto ARCS system, adhering to the best practice guidelines.
• Liaison with external and internal clients to progress payment of invoices.
• Handling client queries, liaising with the Revenue Control team, escalating to the Practice Group Finance managers or Partner as required.
• Maintaining up to date bad and doubtful debt provisions.
• Working with the Debt Recovery Team to minimise overdue debt.
Revenue Control Team specific:
Ensure work product produced by the Revenue Controllers in Scotland, Sheffield and London is of a high professional standard ensuring that they are well trained, organised and motivated and that they provide a high level of service.
Typical tasks performed by that team include:
• Provide historical information on fees/work /profitability as requested.
• Train partners/other lawyers on best practice (numbers, working capital, time-entry).
• Assist in the year-end WIP FRS5 valuation exercise.
• Track and anticipate volume discounts/rebates.
• Meet with partners on a monthly basis to maximise billings. Report to Practice Group Finance Managers/Practice Group Managers and track.
• Support the ‘Client Matter Team’ with non-standard billing.
• Liaise directly with certain clients on debt collection.
• Advise on/investigate incorrect rates. Advise on revaluation where appropriate.
• Credit notes: Advise on how to code, what wording to use.
• Split bills: Split master file provided by Client Matter Team according to allocation %s.
• Help amend billing template once bill has been raised.
• Completion of vendor forms (CMS-CMNO suppliers).
• Advise on clearing client balances.
• Show lawyers how to access their WIP/Debtor/Client account balances.
• Investigate and resolve any negative cost balances.
• Help lawyers forward retainer letters through to Client Matter Team.
• Assist with time entry queries.
• Assist with submitting bills.
• Help investigate status of requests.
• Deliver pro-forma bills through Hub in emergency plus required support.
• Help client setting up bulk-pro-formas (pf coding).
• Deliver pro-forma bills and required support.
• Liaise with Client Matter Team in setting up bulk-pro-formas.
• Answer queries on EU VAT numbers.
• Partner Matter Billings report (disseminate, collate responses, return).
• On-site support for credit control queries.
• As part of the wider UK Revenue Controller team, support London-based revenue controllers as required.