The 2014 FT Innovative Lawyers European Awards Program found that in-house lawyers are continuing to push for legal innovation and in parallel saw law firms embracing change more than ever in response, particularly in how legal services are delivered to their clients. Notable too was the first time a woman has won the award for Legal Innovator of the Year. A panel of FTIL judges assessed how lawyers at law firms and in-house legal departments are contributing to the profession in innovative and transformational ways. The winners and nominees for this year were recognized during an awards dinner held October 8, 2014 at the Natural History Museum in London.
Pictured is Jonathan Brayne, partner at Allen & Overy, being welcomed to the stage by Bob Gogel, CEO at Integreon, to accept the FT award for Most Innovative European Law Firm of the Year.
FT Innovative Lawyers 2014 Europe Report
The FT Innovative Lawyers Report for Europe is based on a rigorous research process that includes expert analysis, market surveys and hundreds of interviews with legal professionals. It presents a unique analysis of the legal industry and is the only ranking of lawyers by innovation.
Integreon is proud to sponsor the FT Innovative Lawyers Program across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific in association with the FT and its research partner, RSG Consulting.
FT Innovative Lawyers 2014 Europe Rankings
- Most innovative law firm in social responsibility – Linklaters
- Most innovative law firm in dispute resolution- Simmons & Simmons
- Most innovative law firm in client service – Joint winners: Berwin Leighton Paisner and Bird & Bird
- Most innovative law firm in value resourcing – Joint winners: Olswang and Allen & Overy
- Most innovative law firm in finance law – Linklaters
- Most innovative law firm in corporate and commercial law – Hogan Lovells
- Most innovative law firm in corporate strategy – Schillings
- Most innovative law firm in international strategy – Latham & Watkins
- Most innovative law firm in Europe (outside the UK) – Garrigues
- Legal innovator of the year – Joanne Wheeler (Bird & Bird)
- Legal industry pioneer – Parabis Law
- Innovation in operational change in-house – GKN
- Most innovative European in-house lawyer – Geoff Wild (Kent County Council)
- Most innovative European in-house legal team – RB
- Most innovative European law firm – Allen & Overy
- Special achievement award – Rosemary Martin (Vodafone)
See the full 2014 European Rankings
Photos from FTIL 2014 Europe Awards Ceremony
The FT Innovative Lawyers European Awards Ceremony at the Natural History Museum in London on October 8, 2014.
The Integreon Table with (from left to right) Mark Noble (National Grid), Andrew Stuart-Mills (Integreon), Enzo Lisciotto (Norton Rose Fulbright), Brent Larlee (Integreon), Nigel Rea (Olswang), Jeffrey Davis (Integreon), Ian Leedham (National Grid), Pedro Reis (Barclays), and Judy Lee (Integreon).
Michael Skapinker of FT (L) and Bob Gogel of Integreon (R) together with Jonathan Brayne of Allen & Overy (C) who accepted the award for “Most Innovative European Law Firm”
View more photos of winners from the 2014 FTIL Awards Ceremony in London
FTIL 2013 Videos
Highlights from the FTIL 2014 European Awards:
Jonathan Brayne, partner at Allen & Overy, discusses the need to innovative in a technologically challenging environment:
Reena SenGupta of RSG Consulting and Michael Skapinker of FT discuss key trends, including the rise in the number of women nominated for this year’s awards:
Joanne Wheeler of Bird & Bird and winner of the Legal Innovator of the Year Award discusses the growing number of women in the legal profession:
Transform Your Perspective on Legal Innovation
In this era of more for less, lawyers must provide measurable value to their clients. This means finding newer, more efficient ways of delivering legal services. Whether the work is done offshore, onshore, on-site, or in another language, Integreon is the LPO of choice for lawyers around the world.
FTIL Research Methodology
For more information, visit the FTIL Europe home page. To learn how Integreon can help you innovate, contact us at email@example.com.