The inaugural 2014 FT Innovative Lawyers Awards Program hosted legal innovators from across the Asia-Pacific on June 11, 2014 at the Asia Society Hong Kong Center. Following in the footsteps of the FT’s long-running awards programs in the U.S. and Europe, the new Asia-Pacific program aims to similarly recognize the most entrepreneurial lawyers, law firms, and legal departments from across Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore and South Korea.
Pictured are the 2014 Winners of the FTIL Asia-Pacific Innovative Lawyers Awards. Included are Michael Skapinker (left), Assistant Editor at the Financial Times, Reena Sengupta (center), CEO at RSG Consulting, and Bob Gogel (2nd to left from center), CEO at Integreon.
“The first FT Innovative Lawyers in Asia-Pacific reveals a region that is a bonanza for legal innovation. Researching lawyers in the region shows a profession playing a critical economic development role whilst undergoing transformation itself. We are pleased with the research results and delighted to be working with Integreon who enable us to do the extensive research that underpins the report.” – Reena Sengupta, RSG Consulting
FT Innovative Lawyers 2014 Asia-Pacific Report
The FT Innovative Lawyers Report for Asia-Pacific is based on a rigorous research process that includes expert analysis, market surveys and hundreds of interviews with legal professionals. It presents a unique analysis of the legal industry and is the only ranking of lawyers by innovation.
Integreon is proud to sponsor the FT Innovative Lawyers Program across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific in association with the FT and its research partner, RSG Consulting.
FT Innovative Lawyers 2014 Asia-Pacific Rankings
- Legal Innovation in Finance (Real Estate): Kim & Chang
- Innovation in Corporate Law (International): Slaughter and May
- Innovation in Corporate Law (Asia-Pacific):
Joint Winners: AZB & Partners; Bae, Kim and Lee
- Legal Innovation in TMT: Sullivan & Cromwell
- Innovation in Finance Law (Asia-Pacific): King & Wood Mallesons
- Innovation in Finance Law (International):
Joint Winners: Linklaters; Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom
- Legal Innovation in an IPO: Davis Polk & Wardwell
- Innovation in Corporate Strategy (Asia-Pacific): ZICOlaw
- Innovation in International Strategy: Allen & Overy
- Most Innovative ASEAN Law Firm: WongPartnership
- Most Innovative Australian Law Firm: Gilbert + Tobin
- Most Innovative Indian Law Firm: Nishith Desai Associates
- Most Innovative Lawyer: William Liu, Linklaters
- Most Innovative In-house Legal Team: Tencent
- Most Innovative Law Firm (Asia-Pacific): King & Wood Mallesons
- Most Innovative Law Firm (International): Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
See the full 2014 Asia-Pacific Rankings
Photos from FTIL 2014 Asia-Pacific Awards Ceremony
Michael Skapinker of FT (L) with Bob Gogel of Integreon and Reena SenGupta of RSG Consulting (R) presenting the “Most Innovative Asia-Pacific Law Firm” award to Stuart Fuller (C) of King & Wood Mallesons
Michael Skapinker of FT (L) with Bob Gogel of Integreon and Reena SenGupta of RSG Consulting (R) presenting the “Most Innovative International Law Firm” award to Rob Ashworth (C) of Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
View more photos of winners from the 2014 FTIL Awards Ceremony in Hong Kong
FTIL 2014 Insights
For more insights from the 2014 FT Asia-Pacific Innovative Lawyers program, read the Financial Times Special Report Coverage.
Announcement of Winners
- Joint Press Release from FT, Integreon and RSG Consulting
For more information, visit the FTIL Asia-Pacific home page. To learn how Integreon can help you innovate, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.